John M. Brooks, LLC
John M. Brooks is a licensed private investigator in the State of Arkansas ( view all licenses ). Mr. Brooks has over sixteen years’ experience as a Crime Scene Investigator through his work at the Fayetteville Police Department. John formerly taught Crime Scene Investigation and Criminalistics at the Northwest Arkansas Community College and currently teaches Criminal Investigation at the University of Arkansas, introducing students and other professionals to the fundamentals of law enforcement and the criminal investigation process. In 2011, John took the role as an instructor at the Criminal Justice Institute (CJI), a division of the University of Arkansas System, teaching Forensic Sciences to law enforcement personnel across the state of Arkansas.
Areas of Practice
- Private Investigation
- Comprehensive and Competent Investigation and Consultation
- Case Review and Expert Evaluation
- Crime Scene Reconstruction
- Forensic Photography
- Litigation Support
- Process Serving
- Certified Crime Scene Analyst, International Association for Identification
- Certified Crime Scene Investigator, University of Arkansas, Criminal Justice Institute
- Advanced Crime Scene Technician, University of Arkansas, Criminal Justice Institute
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
- Identifying and Sharing Class Characteristics of Outsole Impressions ǀ Journal Of Forensic Identification ǀ Vol. 56(5) ǀ 2006\733-September 2006
- Rapid characterization of edible oils by direct matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry analysis using triacylglycerols. J.O. Lay Jr., R Liyanage, B. Durham, J. Brooks Jr.